As an open source project, Vitess is developed by a community of contributors. Many of the contributors run Vitess in production, and add features to address their specific pain points. As a result of this, we can not guarantee features listed here will be implemented in any specific order.
- Support for Point in Time Recovery
- Improve Documentation
- Improve Usability
- Support more MySQL Syntax (improve compatibility as a drop-in replacement)
- Support “Dry Run”
- Componentize Tablet Server (lift restriction on one-tablet per MySQL schema)
- Support for Schema Changes
- Backfill lookup indexes
- Support for Data Migration
- Topology Service: Reduce dependencies on the topology service. i.e. Vitess should be operable normally even if topology service is down for several hours. Topology service should be used only for passive discovery.
- Support for PostgreSQL: Vitess should be able to support PostgreSQL for both storing data, and speaking the protocol in VTGate.