As an open source project, Vitess is developed by a community of contributors. Many of the contributors run Vitess in production, and add features to address their specific pain points. As a result of this, we can not guarantee features listed here will be implemented in any specific order.
- Improve the resharding workflow (flexibility, speed and reliability)
- Materialized Views
- VStream (unified stream of events across shards and sharding events)
- Support for Point in Time Recovery
- Remove python dependency when running the testsuite (tests should be pure Go).
- Reduce the time required to execute the test suite (evaluate alternatives to Travis CI if it makes sense to switch.)
- Adopt a consistent release cycle for new GAs of Vitess
- Improve Documentation
- Improve Usability
- Support for Schema Changes
- Backfill lookup indexes
- Support for Data Migration
- Topology Service: Reduce dependencies on the topology service. i.e. Vitess should be operable normally even if topology service is down for several hours. Topology service should be used only for passive discovery.
- Support for PostgreSQL: Vitess should be able to support PostgreSQL for both storing data, and speaking the protocol in VTGate.