As an open source project, Vitess is developed by a community of contributors. Many of the contributors run Vitess in production, and add features to address their specific pain points. As a result of this, we can not guarantee features listed here will be implemented in any specific order.
- Improve Documentation
- Improve Usability
- Support more MySQL Syntax (improve compatibility as a drop-in replacement)
- Certify popular frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Hibernate etc.
- Vitess-native unplanned failovers
- Pluggable durability policies
- Nightly benchmarking (regression testing)
- Schema changes through vitess
- gh-ost and pt-osc integration
- VExec tool for management
- Vttablet to manage more than one MySQL schema
- Rewrite of vtctld UI including visualization of VReplication
- VReplication throttling
- Binlog server
- Topology Service: Reduce dependencies on the topology service. i.e. Vitess should be operable normally even if topology service is down for several hours. Topology service should be used only for passive discovery.
- Support for PostgreSQL: Vitess should be able to support PostgreSQL for both storing data, and speaking the protocol in VTGate.